Introduction: – The official site of Amazon.com, Inc. became operational i.e. went online in 1995. In just under two decades, the site has become the biggest online dealer and retailer of almost every type of product or service that covers almost all categories you can think of. You name it, they have it including products and services but not limited to consumer electronics, retail items, digital applications and contents, customized and branded labels, cloud computing, content production, donations and charities. Amazon started online retailing with books.
If you're thinking of launching your own start-up or want to take your existing business to the next level by going online, then Amazon's own success story will really work as a morale booster. It was once an innocuous start-up and now it is providing a platform to countless others to get started up. You too can join the bandwagon of those who have already used the Amazon.com platform for promoting their business online and countless others who are registered online members of the Amazon online club. Take stock of the following six strategies on how best you can exploit the portal of Amazon for your business gains: –
1. Promote your products or services on Amazon.com: – Although Amazon is the largest online stocker of all sorts of products and services; it will stand you in good stead if you start with just a single product or service hitching on their 'sell on Amazon' plan. Thereafter, you can graduate to becoming a small merchant seller selling more than 10 items. You will be required to pay either a proportion or a flat amount per sale apart from a fixed fee every month. In return you'll get the benefit of using administrative, creative and technical tools to help increase your revenues.
2. Use the Amazon platform as an advertisement platform: – You can use the site for listing images of your product with lucid product details and' how to…' instructions. This mode of promotion is much cheaper than using the 'selling on Amazon' program as you pay on pay-per-click (PPC) basis. Using the advertisement programs also involving furnishing minimum of details as far as your product or service is concerned. You at least don't have to keep uploading price lists, inventory lists and other details.
3. You can make your online store a sort of store within a large store: – Amazon offers you the opportunity of opening a 'webstore' if you are a greenhorn and hence inexperienced in online marketing. It's your own virtual store.
4. Use the fulfillment policy of Amazon to the hilt: -The best thing about promoting and selling through Amazon is that they undertake full responsibility of delivering your products safely to your customers, dealing with returns, and providing customer support.
5. Capitalize from Amazon's data storage and cloud computing services: -Apart from using Amazon's portal as an advertisement and selling platform you can make good use of web facilities for storing your files or valuable business data.
6. Use 'checkout by Amazon': -Irrespective of the online platform you're using to promote your products or services, you can always proffer 'checkout by Amazon' as a payment alternative to your customers.